Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.25 meters/second, 1613.7 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.2"||1002.59 mi||west||0° 11' 42.3"||13.40 mi||south||1002.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 03.5"||819.87 mi||east||4° 36' 21.5"||316.49 mi||south||876.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 1:46 AM||2476 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 11:46 PM||2937 km||1825 miles||1586 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 4:46 AM||3284 km||2040 miles||1773 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:46 PM||3400 km||2112 miles||1836 nm||W|
|Hermosillo||Wed 2:46 AM||3934 km||2444 miles||2124 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Wed 3:46 AM||3934 km||2444 miles||2124 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:46 PM||4075 km||2532 miles||2200 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 3:46 AM||4183 km||2599 miles||2259 nm||E|
|Los Angeles||Wed 1:46 AM||4192 km||2605 miles||2263 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:46 PM||4284 km||2662 miles||2313 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.