Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.62 meters/second, 1611.4 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.2"||1001.17 mi||West||0° 11' 38.5"||13.33 mi||South||1001.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 42.9"||825.40 mi||East||4° 32' 59.9"||312.66 mi||South||879.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lae||Thu 1:36 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||SSW|
|Mount Hagen||Thu 1:36 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:36 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||S|
|Buka||Thu 1:36 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Thu 12:36 AM||849 km||527 miles||458 nm||W|
|Arawa||Thu 1:36 AM||853 km||530 miles||460 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 2:36 AM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Thu 1:36 AM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Thu 12:36 AM||1610 km||1001 miles||869 nm||WNW|
|Palikir||Thu 2:36 AM||1639 km||1018 miles||885 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.