Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.60 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.0"||1001.12 mi||West||0° 11' 38.3"||13.33 mi||South||1001.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 53.0"||825.56 mi||East||4° 32' 53.4"||312.53 mi||South||879.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Thu 1:46 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||SW|
|Lae||Thu 1:46 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Thu 12:46 AM||588 km||365 miles||318 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:46 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Thu 12:46 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Thu 1:46 AM||1425 km||886 miles||769 nm||S|
|Honiara||Thu 2:46 AM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Thu 12:46 AM||1779 km||1105 miles||961 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Thu 2:46 AM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Thu 1:16 AM||1890 km||1174 miles||1021 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.