Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.60 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.0"||1001.12 mi||west||0° 11' 38.3"||13.33 mi||south||1001.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 53.0"||825.56 mi||east||4° 32' 53.4"||312.53 mi||south||879.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Thu 1:46 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||SW|
|Lae||Thu 1:46 AM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Thu 12:46 AM||588 km||365 miles||318 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:46 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSE|
|Buka||Thu 1:46 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Thu 12:46 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Thu 1:46 AM||1425 km||886 miles||769 nm||S|
|Honiara||Thu 2:46 AM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Thu 12:46 AM||1779 km||1105 miles||961 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Thu 2:46 AM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.