Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.47 meters/second, 1610.9 kilometres/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.7"||1000.83 mi||West||0° 11' 37.4"||13.31 mi||South||1000.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 54.0"||826.53 mi||East||4° 32' 12.8"||311.76 mi||South||880.30 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ambon||Thu 1:46 AM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Thu 1:46 AM||484 km||301 miles||262 nm||NE|
|Sofifi||Thu 1:46 AM||688 km||427 miles||371 nm||NW|
|Ternate||Thu 1:46 AM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Thu 1:46 AM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||SW|
|Dili||Thu 1:46 AM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||SW|
|Same||Thu 1:46 AM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||SW|
|Suai||Thu 1:46 AM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Thu 2:16 AM||912 km||566 miles||492 nm||S|
|Manado||Thu 12:46 AM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.