Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.57 meters/second, 1596.9 kilometres/hour, 992.2 miles/hour or 862.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 36.7"||992.07 mi||West||0° 11' 01.9"||12.63 mi||South||991.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 23.4"||848.09 mi||East||4° 11' 08.5"||287.68 mi||South||890.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 2:08 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||W|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 2:08 AM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||SSE|
|Atafu||Fri 3:08 AM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:08 AM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||E|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 4:08 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SE|
|Labasa||Fri 2:08 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:08 AM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:08 AM||966 km||601 miles||522 nm||NNE|
|Kanton Island||Fri 3:08 AM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Fri 3:08 AM||1007 km||625 miles||543 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.