Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.57 meters/second, 1596.9 km/hour, 992.2 miles/hour or 862.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 36.7"||992.07 mi||west||0° 11' 01.9"||12.63 mi||south||991.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 23.4"||848.09 mi||east||4° 11' 08.5"||287.68 mi||south||890.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 2:08 AM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||W|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 2:08 AM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:08 AM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||E|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 4:08 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Fri 4:08 AM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:08 AM||966 km||601 miles||522 nm||NNE|
|Rawaki||Fri 3:08 AM||1007 km||625 miles||543 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Fri 2:08 AM||1137 km||706 miles||614 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:08 AM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:08 AM||1467 km||912 miles||792 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.