Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 1, 2013 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 1, 2013 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.51 meters/second, 1575.0 km/hour, 978.7 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 26.0"||978.47 mi||West||0° 09' 49.7"||11.26 mi||South||978.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 17.2"||871.29 mi||East||3° 34' 59.8"||246.35 mi||South||899.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 3:10 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:40 AM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 2:40 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:40 AM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:40 AM||2074 km||1289 miles||1120 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:40 AM||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 1:40 AM||2777 km||1726 miles||1499 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:40 AM||2886 km||1793 miles||1558 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:40 AM||2912 km||1809 miles||1572 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:40 AM||3365 km||2091 miles||1817 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.