Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 1, 2013 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 1, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.74 meters/second, 1568.7 kilometres/hour, 974.7 miles/hour or 847.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.2"||974.49 mi||West||0° 09' 25.2"||10.79 mi||South||974.24 mi|
|24 hours||13° 01' 16.5"||877.05 mi||East||3° 23' 21.3"||233.02 mi||South||901.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sat 4:00 AM||82 km||51 miles||44 nm||NNE|
|Katherine||Sat 4:00 AM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||SE|
|Baucau||Sat 3:30 AM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NW|
|Same||Sat 3:30 AM||712 km||443 miles||385 nm||NW|
|Suai||Sat 3:30 AM||725 km||450 miles||391 nm||NW|
|Dili||Sat 3:30 AM||751 km||467 miles||406 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 4:00 AM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||SSE|
|Kupang||Sat 2:30 AM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:00 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||SSE|
|Kendari||Sat 2:30 AM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.