Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 1, 2013 at 6:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 1, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.64 meters/second, 1568.3 km/hour, 974.5 miles/hour or 846.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 05.2"||974.26 mi||West||0° 09' 23.6"||10.77 mi||South||974.01 mi|
|24 hours||13° 01' 43.8"||877.37 mi||East||3° 22' 39.6"||232.23 mi||South||901.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sat 2:50 AM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||NW|
|Suai||Sat 3:50 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||N|
|Same||Sat 3:50 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 3:50 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sat 3:50 AM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sat 4:20 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||E|
|Ende||Sat 2:50 AM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||NW|
|Raba||Sat 2:50 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||NW|
|Kendari||Sat 2:50 AM||1084 km||674 miles||585 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sat 2:50 AM||1136 km||706 miles||614 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.