Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 6:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 06:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.95 meters/second, 1555.0 km/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 24.3"||965.98 mi||West||0° 08' 26.5"||9.67 mi||South||965.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 39.7"||888.34 mi||East||2° 56' 11.9"||201.93 mi||South||904.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montes Claros||Sat 3:40 AM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||SE|
|Brasilia||Sat 3:40 AM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||WSW|
|Goiânia||Sat 3:40 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||WSW|
|Belo Horizonte||Sat 3:40 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Sat 3:40 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||ENE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 3:40 AM||912 km||566 miles||492 nm||SSE|
|Guarulhos||Sat 3:40 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||S|
|São Paulo||Sat 3:40 AM||957 km||594 miles||517 nm||S|
|Recife||Sat 3:40 AM||1373 km||853 miles||742 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Sat 3:40 AM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.