Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.69 meters/second, 1546.9 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 59.6"||960.92 mi||West||0° 07' 46.6"||8.91 mi||South||960.65 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 59.2"||894.44 mi||East||2° 38' 13.5"||181.35 mi||South||906.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 3:56 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sat 3:56 AM||192 km||120 miles||104 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:56 AM||1149 km||714 miles||620 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:56 AM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:56 AM||2117 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sun 3:56 AM||2313 km||1437 miles||1249 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:56 AM||2338 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:56 AM||2376 km||1476 miles||1283 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:56 AM||2678 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Sun 1:56 AM||3326 km||2066 miles||1796 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.