Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.68 meters/second, 1546.9 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.02 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||south||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 59.5"||960.98 mi||west||0° 07' 46.6"||8.91 mi||south||960.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 00.6"||894.52 mi||east||2° 38' 10.8"||181.31 mi||south||906.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 3:56 AM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sat 3:56 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:56 AM||1125 km||699 miles||607 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:56 AM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:56 AM||2107 km||1309 miles||1138 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sun 3:56 AM||2284 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:56 AM||2351 km||1461 miles||1269 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:56 AM||2363 km||1468 miles||1276 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:56 AM||2651 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Sun 1:56 AM||3297 km||2049 miles||1780 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.