Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.50 meters/second, 1546.2 km/hour, 960.8 miles/hour or 834.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 57.5"||960.49 mi||West||0° 07' 43.0"||8.85 mi||South||960.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 46.5"||894.95 mi||East||2° 36' 36.1"||179.49 mi||South||906.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:34 AM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 4:34 AM||1075 km||668 miles||580 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sat 3:34 AM||1151 km||715 miles||622 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:34 AM||1340 km||832 miles||723 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:34 AM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:34 AM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:34 AM||1998 km||1241 miles||1079 nm||N|
|Suva||Sun 2:34 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 2:34 AM||2458 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:34 AM||2589 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.