Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 7:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 07:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.50 meters/second, 1528.2 km/hour, 949.6 miles/hour or 825.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 02.0"||949.29 mi||West||0° 05' 54.1"||6.76 mi||South||949.04 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 12.1"||906.74 mi||East||1° 48' 45.7"||124.68 mi||South||910.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Itumbiara||Sun 4:56 AM||125 km||78 miles||67 nm||ESE|
|Goiânia||Sun 4:56 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||NE|
|Uberlândia||Sun 4:56 AM||237 km||148 miles||128 nm||ESE|
|Anápolis||Sun 4:56 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||NE|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 4:56 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Sun 4:56 AM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||NE|
|Pirassununga||Sun 4:56 AM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||SE|
|Campinas||Sun 4:56 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Sun 4:56 AM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||SSE|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Sun 4:56 AM||751 km||466 miles||405 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.