Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 12:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 12:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.23 meters/second, 1523.6 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 47.8"||946.44 mi||West||0° 05' 19.6"||6.11 mi||South||946.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 48.1"||909.30 mi||East||1° 33' 57.2"||107.71 mi||South||911.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 4:56 AM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:56 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 2:56 AM||2865 km||1780 miles||1547 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 2:56 AM||3907 km||2428 miles||2109 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 6:56 AM||4088 km||2540 miles||2207 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 2:56 AM||4432 km||2754 miles||2393 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Sun 6:56 AM||4913 km||3053 miles||2653 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sun 7:56 AM||4922 km||3059 miles||2658 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sun 1:56 AM||4984 km||3097 miles||2691 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Sun 6:56 AM||5072 km||3152 miles||2739 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.