Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.08 meters/second, 1523.1 km/hour, 946.4 miles/hour or 822.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 45.9"||946.10 mi||West||0° 05' 15.1"||6.02 mi||South||945.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 20.7"||909.60 mi||East||1° 32' 03.0"||105.53 mi||South||911.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 4:34 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:34 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:34 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:34 AM||2470 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:34 AM||2957 km||1837 miles||1597 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:34 AM||3610 km||2243 miles||1950 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:34 AM||4027 km||2502 miles||2175 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 3:34 AM||4315 km||2681 miles||2330 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:34 AM||4385 km||2724 miles||2367 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:34 AM||4558 km||2832 miles||2461 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.