Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.03 meters/second, 1522.9 km/hour, 946.3 miles/hour or 822.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.77 mi||west||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||south||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 45.3"||945.98 mi||west||0° 05' 13.6"||5.99 mi||south||945.76 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 32.0"||909.70 mi||east||1° 31' 23.5"||104.77 mi||south||911.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 4:46 AM||501 km||312 miles||271 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:46 AM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:46 AM||1568 km||974 miles||847 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:46 AM||2629 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:46 AM||2770 km||1721 miles||1496 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:46 AM||3350 km||2081 miles||1809 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:46 AM||3696 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 3:46 AM||3982 km||2474 miles||2150 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:46 AM||4059 km||2522 miles||2192 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:46 AM||4230 km||2629 miles||2284 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.