Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.03 meters/second, 1522.9 km/hour, 946.3 miles/hour or 822.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 45.4"||945.99 mi||West||0° 05' 13.7"||5.99 mi||South||945.77 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 31.1"||909.69 mi||East||1° 31' 26.8"||104.84 mi||South||911.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 4:46 AM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:46 AM||849 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:46 AM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:46 AM||2657 km||1651 miles||1435 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:46 AM||2744 km||1705 miles||1482 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:46 AM||3371 km||2095 miles||1820 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:46 AM||3725 km||2314 miles||2011 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 3:46 AM||4010 km||2492 miles||2165 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:46 AM||4084 km||2538 miles||2205 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:46 AM||4258 km||2646 miles||2299 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.