Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.99 meters/second, 1522.8 km/hour, 946.2 miles/hour or 822.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 45.0"||945.90 mi||West||0° 05' 12.5"||5.97 mi||South||945.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 39.4"||909.77 mi||East||1° 30' 56.7"||104.26 mi||South||911.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 4:56 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:56 AM||1003 km||623 miles||542 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:56 AM||1343 km||835 miles||725 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:56 AM||2407 km||1496 miles||1300 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:56 AM||2975 km||1849 miles||1607 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:56 AM||3182 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:56 AM||3472 km||2157 miles||1875 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 3:56 AM||3757 km||2334 miles||2028 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:56 AM||3837 km||2384 miles||2072 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:56 AM||4008 km||2491 miles||2164 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.