Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.88 meters/second, 1522.4 km/hour, 946.0 miles/hour or 822.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.77 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||south||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 43.8"||945.65 mi||west||0° 05' 09.2"||5.91 mi||south||945.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 03.1"||909.98 mi||east||1° 29' 32.2"||102.65 mi||south||911.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 4:24 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:24 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:24 AM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:24 AM||2720 km||1690 miles||1468 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:24 AM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:24 AM||3049 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:24 AM||3146 km||1955 miles||1699 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:24 AM||3309 km||2056 miles||1786 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:24 AM||3631 km||2256 miles||1961 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 2:24 AM||3999 km||2485 miles||2159 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.