Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.88 meters/second, 1522.4 km/hour, 946.0 miles/hour or 822.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 43.8"||945.65 mi||West||0° 05' 09.2"||5.91 mi||South||945.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 03.1"||909.98 mi||East||1° 29' 32.2"||102.65 mi||South||911.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 4:24 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sun 4:24 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:24 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:24 AM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:24 AM||2720 km||1690 miles||1468 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:24 AM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:24 AM||3049 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:24 AM||3143 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:24 AM||3309 km||2056 miles||1786 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:24 AM||3631 km||2256 miles||1961 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.