Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.80 meters/second, 1522.1 km/hour, 945.8 miles/hour or 821.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 42.9"||945.48 mi||West||0° 05' 06.9"||5.86 mi||South||945.26 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 19.6"||910.12 mi||East||1° 28' 31.8"||101.49 mi||South||911.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 4:44 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:44 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:44 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 3:44 AM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:44 AM||2472 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Mon 4:44 AM||2546 km||1582 miles||1375 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:44 AM||2660 km||1653 miles||1436 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:44 AM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||W|
|Suva||Mon 2:44 AM||3493 km||2170 miles||1886 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 2:44 AM||3668 km||2279 miles||1980 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.