Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.75 meters/second, 1521.9 kilometres/hour, 945.7 miles/hour or 821.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 42.3"||945.37 mi||West||0° 05' 05.4"||5.84 mi||South||945.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 29.6"||910.21 mi||East||1° 27' 55.3"||100.80 mi||South||911.76 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 4:56 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||NE|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sun 4:56 AM||247 km||154 miles||133 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:56 AM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:56 AM||1955 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:56 AM||2246 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:56 AM||2303 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:56 AM||2368 km||1471 miles||1279 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:56 AM||2377 km||1477 miles||1283 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:56 AM||2508 km||1559 miles||1354 nm||W|
|Suva||Mon 2:56 AM||3189 km||1982 miles||1722 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.