Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.60 meters/second, 1521.4 km/hour, 945.3 miles/hour or 821.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||south||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 40.5"||945.03 mi||west||0° 05' 00.7"||5.75 mi||south||944.81 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 01.4"||910.49 mi||east||1° 25' 56.6"||98.53 mi||south||911.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:34 AM||292 km||182 miles||158 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sun 4:34 AM||965 km||599 miles||521 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sun 5:34 AM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||E|
|Apia *||Mon 5:34 AM||1296 km||805 miles||700 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:34 AM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:34 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||NW|
|Suva||Mon 3:34 AM||2198 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:34 AM||2312 km||1437 miles||1249 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Mon 3:34 AM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:34 AM||2711 km||1684 miles||1464 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.