Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.71 meters/second, 1518.2 km/hour, 943.3 miles/hour or 819.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 30.4"||943.03 mi||West||0° 04' 32.0"||5.20 mi||South||942.83 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 03.2"||912.05 mi||East||1° 13' 44.1"||84.53 mi||South||912.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Mon 5:34 AM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Mon 5:34 AM||484 km||301 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 5:04 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Mon 5:04 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:34 AM||1214 km||754 miles||655 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Mon 5:04 AM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Mon 5:34 AM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||SE|
|Adelaide *||Mon 6:04 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Mon 4:34 AM||1834 km||1140 miles||990 nm||N|
|Sydney *||Mon 6:34 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.