Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 8:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 20:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.53 meters/second, 1517.5 kilometres/hour, 942.9 miles/hour or 819.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.4"||942.64 mi||West||0° 04' 25.8"||5.08 mi||South||942.44 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 38.4"||912.34 mi||East||1° 11' 09.3"||81.58 mi||South||912.65 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Mon 4:24 AM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 5:54 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Mon 5:54 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Mon 5:54 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||N|
|Dili||Mon 5:24 AM||1256 km||781 miles||678 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Mon 5:09 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||S|
|Cairns||Mon 6:24 AM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||E|
|Makassar||Mon 4:24 AM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Mon 4:24 AM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||NW|
|Adelaide *||Mon 6:54 AM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.