Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 8:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.46 meters/second, 1517.3 kilometres/hour, 942.8 miles/hour or 819.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 27.6"||942.48 mi||West||0° 04' 23.4"||5.03 mi||South||942.29 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 52.3"||912.45 mi||East||1° 10' 07.2"||80.39 mi||South||912.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Mon 6:14 AM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||E|
|Darwin||Mon 6:14 AM||973 km||604 miles||525 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Mon 4:44 AM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Mon 6:14 AM||1051 km||653 miles||567 nm||ESE|
|Dili||Mon 5:44 AM||1176 km||731 miles||635 nm||N|
|Eucla||Mon 5:29 AM||1440 km||895 miles||778 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Mon 4:44 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Mon 4:44 AM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Mon 4:44 AM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||SSW|
|Malang||Mon 3:44 AM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.