Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.55 meters/second, 1514.0 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 17.1"||940.43 mi||West||0° 03' 48.4"||4.37 mi||South||940.25 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 47.4"||913.82 mi||East||0° 55' 30.4"||63.64 mi||South||913.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Louis||Mon 5:24 AM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Denis||Mon 5:24 AM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||SW|
|Saint-Paul||Mon 5:24 AM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||SW|
|Saint-Pierre||Mon 5:24 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||SW|
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Mon 5:24 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||E|
|Toamasina||Mon 4:24 AM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||W|
|Antananarivo||Mon 4:24 AM||1068 km||663 miles||576 nm||W|
|Victoria||Mon 5:24 AM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||N|
|Moroni||Mon 4:24 AM||1768 km||1098 miles||955 nm||WNW|
|Diego Garcia||Mon 7:24 AM||2088 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.