Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 1:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.48 meters/second, 1513.7 km/hour, 940.6 miles/hour or 817.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 16.4"||940.29 mi||West||0° 03' 46.0"||4.32 mi||South||940.12 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 58.7"||913.90 mi||East||0° 54' 27.1"||62.43 mi||South||913.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Paul||Mon 5:44 AM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||SE|
|Saint-Denis||Mon 5:44 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||ESE|
|Saint-Pierre||Mon 5:44 AM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||SE|
|Toamasina||Mon 4:44 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||WNW|
|Port Louis||Mon 5:44 AM||492 km||306 miles||265 nm||E|
|Antananarivo||Mon 4:44 AM||564 km||351 miles||305 nm||W|
|Antsirabe||Mon 4:44 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||W|
|Fianarantsoa||Mon 4:44 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||WSW|
|Moroni||Mon 4:44 AM||1344 km||835 miles||726 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Mon 5:44 AM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.