Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 3:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.19 meters/second, 1512.7 km/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 12.8"||939.62 mi||West||0° 03' 33.2"||4.08 mi||South||939.46 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 52.2"||914.28 mi||East||0° 49' 10.5"||56.38 mi||South||913.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bulawayo||Mon 5:24 AM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||SSW|
|Gweru||Mon 5:24 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||E|
|Masvingo||Mon 5:24 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||ESE|
|Francistown||Mon 5:24 AM||220 km||136 miles||119 nm||SW|
|Tonota||Mon 5:24 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||SW|
|Chitungwiza||Mon 5:24 AM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NE|
|Harare||Mon 5:24 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NE|
|Serowe||Mon 5:24 AM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||SW|
|Mutare||Mon 5:24 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||E|
|Lusaka||Mon 5:24 AM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.