Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.16 meters/second, 1512.6 kilometres/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 12.6"||939.56 mi||West||0° 03' 31.9"||4.05 mi||South||939.40 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 57.2"||914.32 mi||East||0° 48' 38.8"||55.77 mi||South||913.69 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Francistown||Mon 5:34 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||SSE|
|Tonota||Mon 5:34 AM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||SSE|
|Bulawayo||Mon 5:34 AM||234 km||146 miles||127 nm||ESE|
|Serowe||Mon 5:34 AM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||S|
|Maun||Mon 5:34 AM||316 km||197 miles||171 nm||W|
|Gweru||Mon 5:34 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||E|
|Masvingo||Mon 5:34 AM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||E|
|Lusaka||Mon 5:34 AM||506 km||315 miles||273 nm||NNE|
|Chitungwiza||Mon 5:34 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||ENE|
|Harare||Mon 5:34 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.