Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.72 meters/second, 1507.4 km/hour, 936.7 miles/hour or 813.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.5"||936.34 mi||West||0° 02' 14.0"||2.56 mi||South||936.23 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 39.3"||915.49 mi||East||0° 16' 33.2"||18.98 mi||South||914.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Mon 8:34 AM||1155 km||717 miles||623 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Mon 5:34 AM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Mon 3:34 AM||3359 km||2087 miles||1814 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 7:34 AM||3731 km||2318 miles||2015 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:34 AM||4366 km||2713 miles||2358 nm||W|
|Lima||Mon 8:34 AM||4436 km||2757 miles||2395 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 8:34 AM||4808 km||2988 miles||2596 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Mon 7:34 AM||4823 km||2997 miles||2604 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 7:34 AM||4862 km||3021 miles||2626 nm||NE|
|Santiago *||Mon 10:34 AM||4867 km||3024 miles||2628 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.