Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.68 meters/second, 1507.2 km/hour, 936.6 miles/hour or 813.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.0"||936.25 mi||West||0° 02' 11.1"||2.51 mi||South||936.14 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 44.2"||915.50 mi||East||0° 15' 22.1"||17.62 mi||South||914.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 5:56 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 8:56 AM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Mon 3:56 AM||2806 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:56 AM||3820 km||2374 miles||2063 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 7:56 AM||4217 km||2620 miles||2277 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:56 AM||4464 km||2774 miles||2410 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 2:56 AM||4902 km||3046 miles||2647 nm||W|
|Lima||Mon 8:56 AM||4988 km||3099 miles||2693 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Mon 7:56 AM||5095 km||3166 miles||2751 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Tue 3:56 AM||5218 km||3242 miles||2817 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.