Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 4, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.68 meters/second, 1507.2 km/hour, 936.6 miles/hour or 813.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.61 mi||west||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||south||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.0"||936.24 mi||west||0° 02' 10.9"||2.50 mi||south||936.14 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 44.3"||915.50 mi||east||0° 15' 18.5"||17.55 mi||south||914.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 5:56 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 8:56 AM||1620 km||1006 miles||875 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Mon 3:56 AM||2779 km||1726 miles||1500 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:56 AM||3792 km||2356 miles||2048 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 7:56 AM||4242 km||2636 miles||2291 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:56 AM||4439 km||2758 miles||2397 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 2:56 AM||4874 km||3029 miles||2632 nm||W|
|Lima||Mon 8:56 AM||5016 km||3117 miles||2708 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Mon 7:56 AM||5110 km||3175 miles||2759 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Tue 3:56 AM||5190 km||3225 miles||2802 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.