Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.63 meters/second, 1507.1 km/hour, 936.4 miles/hour or 813.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.3"||936.13 mi||West||0° 02' 07.3"||2.44 mi||South||936.03 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 50.1"||915.51 mi||East||0° 13' 51.4"||15.89 mi||South||914.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 6:24 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Mon 5:24 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Mon 4:24 AM||2104 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:24 AM||2219 km||1379 miles||1198 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:24 AM||3123 km||1941 miles||1686 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:24 AM||3870 km||2405 miles||2090 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 3:24 AM||4203 km||2611 miles||2269 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:24 AM||4514 km||2805 miles||2438 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 3:24 AM||4719 km||2932 miles||2548 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 2:24 AM||5432 km||3375 miles||2933 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.