Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.61 meters/second, 1507.0 km/hour, 936.4 miles/hour or 813.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.1"||936.09 mi||West||0° 02' 06.0"||2.41 mi||South||935.99 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 52.1"||915.51 mi||East||0° 13' 19.0"||15.27 mi||South||914.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 5:34 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:34 AM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Mon 4:34 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:34 AM||2450 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:34 AM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:34 AM||3671 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 3:34 AM||3952 km||2456 miles||2134 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:34 AM||4264 km||2649 miles||2302 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:34 AM||4355 km||2706 miles||2352 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 3:34 AM||4471 km||2778 miles||2414 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.