Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.59 meters/second, 1506.9 km/hour, 936.4 miles/hour or 813.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 53.8"||936.05 mi||West||0° 02' 04.7"||2.38 mi||South||935.95 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 54.0"||915.51 mi||East||0° 12' 46.6"||14.65 mi||South||915.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 5:44 AM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:44 AM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 4:44 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:44 AM||2625 km||1631 miles||1417 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:44 AM||2682 km||1667 miles||1448 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:44 AM||3479 km||2162 miles||1879 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 3:44 AM||3702 km||2300 miles||1999 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:44 AM||4013 km||2494 miles||2167 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:44 AM||4112 km||2555 miles||2220 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 3:44 AM||4223 km||2624 miles||2280 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.