Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.51 meters/second, 1506.6 kilometres/hour, 936.2 miles/hour or 813.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.9"||935.86 mi||West||0° 01' 58.0"||2.26 mi||South||935.77 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 03.2"||915.50 mi||East||0° 10' 04.7"||11.55 mi||South||915.08 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 5:34 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 5:34 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:34 AM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:34 AM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 4:34 AM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:34 AM||2707 km||1682 miles||1462 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:34 AM||2768 km||1720 miles||1495 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:34 AM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:34 AM||2978 km||1851 miles||1608 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 3:34 AM||3680 km||2287 miles||1987 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.