Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 3:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 15:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.48 meters/second, 1506.5 km/hour, 936.1 miles/hour or 813.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.4"||935.79 mi||West||0° 01' 55.8"||2.21 mi||South||935.70 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 06.2"||915.50 mi||East||0° 09' 06.4"||10.44 mi||South||915.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 5:52 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:52 AM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 4:52 AM||1996 km||1240 miles||1078 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:52 AM||2204 km||1370 miles||1190 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Tue 5:52 AM||2327 km||1446 miles||1256 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:52 AM||2487 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:52 AM||2530 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:52 AM||2540 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Tue 3:52 AM||3228 km||2006 miles||1743 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:52 AM||3465 km||2153 miles||1871 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.