Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.08 meters/second, 1505.1 kilometres/hour, 935.2 miles/hour or 812.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||South||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 47.5"||934.91 mi||West||0° 01' 18.0"||1.49 mi||South||934.85 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 32.9"||915.20 mi||East||0° 06' 08.7"||7.05 mi||North||915.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Isa||Tue 6:34 AM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Tue 6:34 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NE|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 6:04 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Tue 6:04 AM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:34 AM||1358 km||844 miles||734 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Tue 6:04 AM||1419 km||881 miles||766 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Tue 6:34 AM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||SE|
|Adelaide *||Tue 7:04 AM||1639 km||1019 miles||885 nm||S|
|Eucla||Tue 5:19 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||SW|
|Sydney *||Tue 7:34 AM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.