Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 8:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 20:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.06 meters/second, 1505.0 kilometres/hour, 935.2 miles/hour or 812.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||South||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 47.1"||934.86 mi||West||0° 01' 15.6"||1.44 mi||South||934.80 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 33.2"||915.17 mi||East||0° 07' 07.2"||8.16 mi||North||915.55 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Tue 6:22 AM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 6:22 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Tue 6:52 AM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Tue 6:22 AM||1093 km||679 miles||590 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Tue 5:37 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Tue 7:22 AM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:52 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||NE|
|Dili||Tue 5:52 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Tue 6:52 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Tue 5:52 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.