Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.00 meters/second, 1504.8 kilometres/hour, 935.0 miles/hour or 812.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.3"||934.72 mi||West||0° 01' 07.4"||1.29 mi||South||934.67 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 33.3"||915.05 mi||East||0° 10' 22.0"||11.89 mi||North||915.63 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alice Springs||Tue 7:22 AM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Tue 7:22 AM||1240 km||771 miles||670 nm||NE|
|Dili||Tue 6:52 AM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Tue 6:37 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSE|
|Perth||Tue 5:52 AM||1449 km||901 miles||783 nm||SSW|
|Denpasar||Tue 5:52 AM||1520 km||944 miles||820 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Tue 5:52 AM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Tue 4:52 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||NW|
|Surabaya||Tue 4:52 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||NW|
|Bandung||Tue 4:52 AM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.