Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, March 4, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
|This phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.99 meters/second, 1504.8 km/hour, 935.0 miles/hour or 812.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.58 mi||west||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||south||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.2"||934.72 mi||west||0° 01' 07.4"||1.29 mi||south||934.66 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 33.3"||915.04 mi||east||0° 10' 25.6"||11.95 mi||north||915.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alice Springs||Tue 7:22 AM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Tue 7:22 AM||1261 km||783 miles||681 nm||NE|
|Dili||Tue 6:52 AM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Tue 6:37 AM||1414 km||879 miles||764 nm||SSE|
|Perth||Tue 5:52 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SSW|
|Denpasar||Tue 5:52 AM||1503 km||934 miles||811 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Tue 5:52 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||N|
|Malang||Tue 4:52 AM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||NW|
|Surabaya||Tue 4:52 AM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||NW|
|Bandung||Tue 4:52 AM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.