Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, March 4, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 417.99 meters/second, 1504.7 kilometres/hour, 935.0 miles/hour or 812.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.2"||934.70 mi||West||0° 01' 06.1"||1.26 mi||South||934.65 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 33.2"||915.02 mi||East||0° 10' 54.4"||12.51 mi||North||915.65 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Tue 6:02 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||W|
|Perth||Tue 6:02 AM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||SSW|
|Denpasar||Tue 6:02 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Tue 7:02 AM||1429 km||888 miles||772 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Tue 7:32 AM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Tue 7:32 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||ESE|
|Eucla||Tue 6:47 AM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSE|
|Malang||Tue 5:02 AM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Tue 5:02 AM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Tue 6:02 AM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.