Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.82 meters/second, 1504.1 km/hour, 934.6 miles/hour or 812.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.58 mi||west||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||south||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 43.7"||934.32 mi||west||0° 00' 37.4"||0.72 mi||south||934.29 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 18.8"||914.44 mi||east||0° 22' 21.9"||25.64 mi||north||915.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Tue 5:34 AM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||W|
|Port Louis||Tue 5:34 AM||1230 km||764 miles||664 nm||W|
|Saint-Denis||Tue 5:34 AM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||W|
|Diego Garcia||Tue 7:34 AM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||NNE|
|Amsterdam Island||Tue 6:34 AM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SSE|
|Antananarivo||Tue 4:34 AM||2286 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||W|
|Victoria||Tue 5:34 AM||2301 km||1430 miles||1242 nm||NW|
|Male||Tue 6:34 AM||2760 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||N|
|Moroni||Tue 4:34 AM||2941 km||1828 miles||1588 nm||WNW|
|Port-aux-Francais||Tue 6:34 AM||3211 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.