Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.03 meters/second, 1504.9 km/hour, 935.1 miles/hour or 812.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.0"||934.82 mi||West||0° 01' 24.7"||1.62 mi||North||934.89 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 18.7"||909.52 mi||East||1° 10' 26.7"||80.76 mi||North||916.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 6:36 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:36 AM||1293 km||804 miles||698 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Tue 8:36 AM||1850 km||1149 miles||999 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Tue 5:36 AM||2365 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:36 AM||2686 km||1669 miles||1450 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Wed 6:36 AM||2690 km||1672 miles||1452 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:36 AM||2831 km||1759 miles||1529 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 5:36 AM||2894 km||1799 miles||1563 nm||W|
|Suva||Wed 4:36 AM||3597 km||2235 miles||1942 nm||W|
|Chatham Islands *||Wed 6:21 AM||3764 km||2339 miles||2032 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.