Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.04 meters/second, 1504.9 km/hour, 935.1 miles/hour or 812.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.59 mi||west||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||north||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.0"||934.89 mi||west||0° 01' 24.9"||1.62 mi||north||934.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 18.1"||909.57 mi||east||1° 10' 30.1"||80.83 mi||north||916.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 6:36 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:36 AM||1266 km||786 miles||683 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Tue 8:36 AM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Tue 5:36 AM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 6:36 AM||2663 km||1654 miles||1438 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:36 AM||2674 km||1661 miles||1444 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:36 AM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 5:36 AM||2867 km||1781 miles||1548 nm||W|
|Suva||Wed 4:36 AM||3569 km||2217 miles||1927 nm||W|
|Chatham Islands *||Wed 6:21 AM||3748 km||2329 miles||2024 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.