Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.47 meters/second, 1506.5 kilometres/hour, 936.1 miles/hour or 813.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 47.8"||935.79 mi||West||0° 02' 07.2"||2.43 mi||North||935.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 58' 07.0"||906.94 mi||East||1° 26' 48.8"||99.53 mi||North||916.46 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 7:22 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Wed 7:22 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Wed 7:52 AM||1023 km||636 miles||552 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Wed 7:22 AM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Wed 6:37 AM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 7:52 AM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||NE|
|Adelaide *||Wed 8:22 AM||1644 km||1021 miles||887 nm||S|
|Dili||Wed 6:52 AM||1758 km||1093 miles||949 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Wed 7:52 AM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Wed 6:52 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.