Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.14 meters/second, 1508.9 km/hour, 937.6 miles/hour or 814.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.4"||937.30 mi||West||0° 02' 52.8"||3.30 mi||North||937.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 52.0"||903.68 mi||East||1° 44' 13.4"||119.48 mi||North||916.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Paul||Wed 7:36 AM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||SE|
|Saint-Denis||Wed 7:36 AM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||SE|
|Saint-Pierre||Wed 7:36 AM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||SE|
|Port Louis||Wed 7:36 AM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||E|
|Toamasina||Wed 6:36 AM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||WNW|
|Antananarivo||Wed 6:36 AM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||W|
|Antsirabe||Wed 6:36 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||W|
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Wed 7:36 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||E|
|Moroni||Wed 6:36 AM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Wed 7:36 AM||1703 km||1058 miles||920 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.