Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.37 meters/second, 1516.9 km/hour, 942.6 miles/hour or 819.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 17.1"||942.32 mi||West||0° 04' 32.6"||5.21 mi||North||942.55 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 37.6"||894.80 mi||East||2° 21' 40.1"||162.39 mi||North||915.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 7:36 AM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 8:36 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Wed 6:36 AM||1721 km||1069 miles||929 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 11:36 AM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 6:36 AM||2767 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:36 AM||3505 km||2178 miles||1893 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 5:36 AM||3839 km||2386 miles||2073 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 6:36 AM||4134 km||2569 miles||2232 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:36 AM||4214 km||2619 miles||2276 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 5:36 AM||4367 km||2713 miles||2358 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.