Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 8, 2013 at 5:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 8, 2013 at 17:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.22 meters/second, 1566.8 km/hour, 973.6 miles/hour or 846.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 43.0"||973.40 mi||West||0° 09' 30.3"||10.89 mi||North||973.78 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 32.7"||852.08 mi||East||4° 06' 10.0"||282.00 mi||North||903.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 12:20 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Fri 9:20 AM||1885 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 11:20 AM||3325 km||2066 miles||1796 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 7:20 AM||3514 km||2184 miles||1897 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 11:20 AM||4123 km||2562 miles||2226 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 11:20 AM||4255 km||2644 miles||2298 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 11:20 AM||4288 km||2665 miles||2315 nm||NE|
|Lima||Fri 12:20 PM||4346 km||2700 miles||2347 nm||E|
|Managua||Fri 11:20 AM||4417 km||2745 miles||2385 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 11:20 AM||4462 km||2772 miles||2409 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.