Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 8, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 8, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.97 meters/second, 1569.5 km/hour, 975.2 miles/hour or 847.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.2"||975.07 mi||West||0° 09' 40.9"||11.09 mi||North||975.44 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 26.0"||849.91 mi||East||4° 09' 35.0"||285.91 mi||North||902.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 9:44 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:44 AM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:44 AM||1750 km||1088 miles||945 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Fri 8:44 AM||2054 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:44 AM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:44 AM||2167 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 11:44 AM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 8:44 AM||2649 km||1646 miles||1430 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 7:44 AM||3090 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 7:44 AM||3210 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.