Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, March 8, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 8, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.97 meters/second, 1569.5 km/hour, 975.2 miles/hour or 847.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.25 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.2"||975.07 mi||west||0° 09' 40.9"||11.09 mi||north||975.44 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 26.0"||849.91 mi||east||4° 09' 35.0"||285.91 mi||north||902.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 9:44 AM||559 km||348 miles||302 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:44 AM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:44 AM||1750 km||1088 miles||945 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Fri 8:44 AM||2054 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:44 AM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:44 AM||2167 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 11:44 AM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 8:44 AM||2649 km||1646 miles||1430 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 7:44 AM||3090 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 7:44 AM||3208 km||1994 miles||1732 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.