Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.62 meters/second, 1593.4 km/hour, 990.1 miles/hour or 860.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 07.1"||990.00 mi||West||0° 11' 02.3"||12.64 mi||North||990.32 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 16.7"||829.58 mi||East||4° 34' 02.9"||313.87 mi||North||890.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 9:50 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:20 AM||1826 km||1135 miles||986 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 9:20 AM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:20 AM||2911 km||1809 miles||1572 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:20 AM||3144 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:20 PM||3236 km||2010 miles||1747 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 8:20 AM||4096 km||2545 miles||2212 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 8:20 AM||4156 km||2583 miles||2244 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 9:20 AM||4222 km||2624 miles||2280 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 9:20 AM||4279 km||2659 miles||2310 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.