Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 19:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 19:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.71 meters/second, 1593.8 km/hour, 990.3 miles/hour or 860.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.50 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 08.3"||990.21 mi||west||0° 11' 03.3"||12.66 mi||north||990.53 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 51.8"||829.27 mi||east||4° 34' 18.8"||314.17 mi||north||890.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 10:12 AM||64 km||40 miles||34 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sat 9:42 AM||1501 km||933 miles||811 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:42 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:42 AM||2355 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:42 AM||2623 km||1630 miles||1416 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 8:42 AM||3525 km||2191 miles||1904 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 8:42 AM||3548 km||2204 miles||1916 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 9:42 AM||3622 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:42 PM||3717 km||2309 miles||2007 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Sat 9:42 AM||3919 km||2435 miles||2116 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.