Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 7:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 19:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.71 meters/second, 1593.8 km/hour, 990.3 miles/hour or 860.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 08.3"||990.20 mi||West||0° 11' 03.2"||12.66 mi||North||990.52 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 53.0"||829.29 mi||East||4° 34' 17.9"||314.15 mi||North||890.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 10:12 AM||92 km||57 miles||50 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sat 9:42 AM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:42 AM||2017 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:42 AM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:42 AM||2647 km||1645 miles||1429 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 8:42 AM||3553 km||2208 miles||1919 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 8:42 AM||3574 km||2221 miles||1930 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 9:42 AM||3651 km||2269 miles||1971 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:42 PM||3693 km||2295 miles||1994 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Sat 9:42 AM||3935 km||2445 miles||2125 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.