Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.24 meters/second, 1602.9 km/hour, 996.0 miles/hour or 865.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 40.9"||995.87 mi||West||0° 11' 27.4"||13.12 mi||North||996.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 24.5"||820.37 mi||East||4° 40' 10.3"||320.85 mi||North||883.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Victoria||Sun 11:10 AM||227 km||141 miles||122 nm||N|
|Moroni||Sun 10:10 AM||1422 km||883 miles||768 nm||WSW|
|Mogadishu||Sun 10:10 AM||1455 km||904 miles||785 nm||NW|
|Port Louis||Sun 11:10 AM||1516 km||942 miles||819 nm||S|
|Saint-Denis||Sun 11:10 AM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||S|
|Antananarivo||Sun 10:10 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||SSW|
|Dar es Salaam||Sun 10:10 AM||1755 km||1091 miles||948 nm||W|
|Diego Garcia||Sun 1:10 PM||1906 km||1185 miles||1029 nm||E|
|Nairobi||Sun 10:10 AM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||WNW|
|Dodoma||Sun 10:10 AM||2149 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.