Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 1:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 13:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.43 meters/second, 1607.1 km/hour, 998.6 miles/hour or 867.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 58.0"||998.54 mi||West||0° 11' 37.1"||13.31 mi||North||998.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 30.6"||815.52 mi||East||4° 41' 52.9"||322.80 mi||North||879.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Teresina||Sun 10:50 AM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||WNW|
|Sobral||Sun 10:50 AM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 10:50 AM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Sun 10:50 AM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||ESE|
|Belém||Sun 10:50 AM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 10:50 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 11:50 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||E|
|Brasilia||Sun 10:50 AM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||SSW|
|Cayenne||Sun 10:50 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 10:50 AM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.