Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 19:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, March 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 19:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.29 meters/second, 1610.2 km/hour, 1000.6 miles/hour or 869.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.1"||1000.48 mi||west||0° 11' 43.0"||13.42 mi||north||1000.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 48.6"||811.48 mi||east||4° 42' 22.8"||323.37 mi||north||874.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 11:42 AM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 9:42 AM||2909 km||1807 miles||1571 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 2:42 PM||3122 km||1940 miles||1686 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 9:42 AM||3489 km||2168 miles||1884 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Sun 1:42 PM||3983 km||2475 miles||2150 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 12:42 PM||4044 km||2513 miles||2184 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 9:42 AM||4053 km||2518 miles||2188 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 1:42 PM||4126 km||2564 miles||2228 nm||E|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 12:42 PM||4326 km||2688 miles||2336 nm||N|
|Honolulu||Sun 9:42 AM||4432 km||2754 miles||2393 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.